Enhance your work or study with a DIY office organizer. Are you looking for effective methods to increase your productivity in the office? So why not start with transforming your workspace? According to a lot of research, arranging the work corner pleasantly and functionally leads to better work. With little effort, you can therefore spend the working hours in a less stressful atmosphere, which will have a positive effect not only on your well-being but also on your results.
For that, no need to make a big investment. All you have to do is spend a few minutes (or hours) on a fun and practical activity such as making a desk organizer. Adding such a DIY object will bring a unique touch to your office while putting small accessories and supplies in order. The same goes for the student corner at home! We invite you to review our selection of the best DIY desktop organizer ideas below for those who are ready to embark on a creative adventure and landscape drawing.
Hanging organizer with pockets
- A3 plywood sheet (6mm)
- Electric drill
- 4 sheets of colored foam or fabric (26 cm x 15 cm)
- Wood glue
- Stanley knife
- White rope
1. Start by marking with a pencil where to drill the hanger holes. Using the electric drill, make the two holes.
2. Take 2 sheets of fabric and sew them together to create a pocket. Do the same with the other two pieces.
3. Mark the top and bottom in the middle of each pocket and sew between the two stitches. You should have two rectangular pockets with a dividing point in the middle, so four pockets in total.
4. Apply wood glue to the backs of the pockets. Glue them to the plywood.
5. Thread the suspension cord through the holes and make a tight double knot.
DIY wooden desk organizer tutorial
- Pieces of wood (exact dimensions below)
- Compact circular saw
- Table clamps
- Wood glue
- Paper towels
- Sandpaper or electric sander (optional)
Steps to follow:
Start by cutting the wood pieces to the following dimensions:
· 2 pieces of 4.75 x 7.5 inches (for side pieces)
· 2 pieces of 6 x 12 inches (for long side pieces)
· 1 piece of 5.5 x 4 inches (for the interior divider)
· 1 piece of 4 x 12 inches (for the bottom)
1. Apply glue to the two 6 x 12 pieces and attach them to the 4 x 12 pieces.
2. Now apply glue to the 5.5 x 4 piece (the divider) and glue it inside. (Choose the exact location yourself: centered or eccentric (to make a small pen corner and a larger notebook corner etc.).
3. Use two table clamps to secure the organizer while drying. Using a rag or paper towel, remove excess glue and dry well (overnight or according to wood glue instructions).
4. Remove the clamps and add glue to the two outer sides that are still open.
5. Turn the organizer over (so the bottom of the piece faces up) and attach the two 4.75 x 7.5 pieces.
6. Repeat step 3.
Modern corner organizer: creative idea
- Tiered wire organizer
- 2mm balsa planks
- Stanley knife
- Glue gun
- Adhesive tape (optional)
1. Start by placing the balsa boards under each wire section to outline the shapes to be cut. To help you, you can use a pencil and a ruler to measure the dimensions.
2. Cut out the boards and make sure they fit into the frames of the desk organizer.
3. Glue the balsa pieces to the wire mesh.
Pencil jars with geometric pattern print
- · 3 wooden pencil jars
- · White paint
- · Washi tape
- · Brush
- · Glue
1. Stick washi tape strips on each pencil holder to form lines at equal distances.
2. Paint the jars with paint and let them dry well. Remove the washi tape.
3. Assemble the pencil pots using glue.
Stylish organizer tutorial
- Glass cylinders of different sizes
- Wood board
- Contact glue
- Metallic spray paint
1. Start by cleaning the cylinders.
2. Apply paint to the containers and the board. Let it dry well.
3. Glue the cylinders to the board.
Also Read: DIY Creative Ideas for Top Storage Cabinets